This month the Solidarity Office for Africa and Madagascar welcomes Francis Marimbe C.SsR who has been appointed to work with Gerrard O’Connor CSsR. Br Francis is from the Region of Zimbabwe currently working as the Development Coordinator for Caritas in the Archdiocese of Harare. His appointment comes in as a breath of fresh air to this office as there is a lot of work that needs to be done. His presence will add value to the work of the Solidarity Office . He is currently in Ireland for an induction with the Solidarity Office preparing for his new appointment. His role and responsibility will include:-
- Assist strengthening the capacity of units on project development and implementation.
- Assist on raising funds to support the Redemptorists ambitious mission plans in Africa and Madagascar;
- Support capacity building to ensure adherence to international best practice in good governance, financial transparency and accountability;
- Assist monitoring and evaluating progress around the project implementation;
- Assisting the potential of the Redemptorists perpetual partnership relationship with the people of Africa and Madagascar;
- Networking with all the units in Africa and Madagascar;
- Updating the website;
- Advisory role to development work;
- Coordinating activities, meetings and any other duties assigned by COREAM and the Solidarity Office.
After three weeks of induction in Ireland, he will then travel to Kenya to attend and coordinate the Project Cycle Management Training Course, Management Course for School Managers and Bursar’s Training from 24th November to 13th December. We would like to wish Francis all the best in his new appointment.