The Redemptorist Solidarity Office for Africa and Madagascar plays a pivotal role in building the capacity of the Redemptorists in Africa and Madagascar. The mandate of the Solidarity Office is focused on:
- Strengthening the capacity of COREAM to plan strategically;
- Raising funds to support the Redemptorists ambitious mission plans in Africa and Madagascar;
- Ensuring the highest adherence to international best practice in good governance, financial transparency and accountability;
- Monitoring and evaluating progress around the priority themes of COREAM;
- Reporting to and building partnership relationships with international agencies and organisations;
- Growing a fund for Africa and Madagascar to maximise the potential of the Redemptorists perpetual partnership relationship with the people of Africa and Madagascar.
The Procurator for Africa and Madagascar Fr. Gerry O’Connor C.S.sR. is supported by a commission represented by Mr. Malcolm Salida from South Africa and Fr. Lorenzo Gasparro C.Ss.s.R. from Madagascar.
The Solidarity Office acts at the catalyst and resource centre for Redemptorist Africa and Madagascar Partnership groups (RAMP Groups). RAMP is a movement in favour of strengthening the bonds of partnership with the people of Africa and Madagascar through the Redemptorist mission network. There are RAMP groups in parishes, schools, colleges and connected to magazines and shrines and radio stations etc.
The Solidarity Office Team Includes:
Gerry O’Connor CSsR
Solidarity Office for Africa & Madagascar:
Mobile: (+353) 872320295
Solidarity Project Officer
Isaac Davies CSsR
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Finance Capactiy Officer
Based in Cape Town, South Africa
Based in Cork, Ireland
COREAM Resource Office,
26 Tree Lane,